MERRIMAC — Chief Eric Shears is pleased to announce that the Merrimac Police Department will hold a groundbreaking ceremony for the new police station next week.
Thursday, June 6 at 4 p.m.
2 Jana Way, Merrimac. Jana Way is a new road that was built for the new police station, and is in the area of 106 West Main St. (Route 110) in Merrimac.
The public is invited to join the police department to celebrate the start of construction for the new police station.
Merrimac residents voted to fund the design, engineering and construction of a $6.5 million police station last fall. Construction on the new facility began on Monday, May 13.
Construction on the police station is expected to be completed in March 2020.
- Chief Shears and members of the Merrimac Police Department
- Merrimac Board of Selectmen
- Public Safety Building Committee
- Owner’s Project Manager Bill Cunniff and Ken Grizzell of NV5
- Architects Greg and Meg Carell of the Carell Group
- Contractor Nat Coughlin, Vice President of LD Russo, Inc.